This page reflects certain efforts to archive some pieces that are still available online. Other pieces have been featured in National Review Online, World Magazine, The Washington Times, The Indianapolis Star, CNN, Fox News, RealClearPolitics, and more.Published Books Born of Clay: The Story of the Claiborne · Claybourn · Clayborn Families in the United States (by Joshua Claybourn, 2016)
This book charts the remarkable story of a pioneer family in the United States. Beginning with Joshua Clyburn in the late 1790s, the history gets progressively more detailed as the generations progress toward modernity. I regard this book as my magnum opus. Clocking in at over 500 pages with detailed biographical information on thousands of individuals, this is an unparalleled family history. A Memorandum of the 80th Illinois Infantry
(Edited by Claybourn, 2014)
This work is a regimental log by Pvt. Armstrong McGee of the 80th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment. These Civil War notes document the group’s activities in the American Civil War from 27 October 1863 to 17 June 1865. There is no evidence that this memorandum has ever been published before, nor is there evidence that previous Civil War historians knew of its existence. Historical Research
- Civil War Research: This page features my passion and academic research in the American Civil War. I maintain memberships and leadership positions with a number of Civil War organizations and am also in the process of researching and writing a new regimental history.
- Claybourn Genealogical Society: I began the Claybourn Genealogical Society (CGS) to provide leadership in assembling and recording data and information on ancestors and descendants of the Claybourn families and to cultivate the ties of friendship among their descendants. CGS also works to preserve and safeguard manuscripts, books, cemeteries, and memorabilia relating to Claybourns.
- Newburgh Museum: This website of the museum helps preserve, showcase, and interpret history for Newburgh, Indiana.
- Civil War helped shape modern America, Evansville Courier & Press, 9 April 2015.
- Wear orange for St. Patrick’s day, Evansville Courier & Press, 17 March 2015.
- Was Jesus really crucified on a Wednesday?, Patheos, 16 April 2014.
- Both Masons and their lodge face a perilous future, Evansville Courier & Press, 22 May 2011.
- Kingdom of Heaven Review, Blogcritics, 6 May 2005.